I do not know why I identify with a deer in situations that pose a quandary. Perhaps it is my projection onto deer-folk, that they are discerning, gentle, will seek a safe location before making any major decisions. Generally, they pretty much don’t want to hurt anyone, and look out for their family. Foraging and traveling – eating and visiting places in nature…
So yes, I get it. Maybe that is a life I seek, one like a deer, which means, maybe I want to make some life decisions – as a deer would do. so here is just a projection, a guess if I were a dear, what would I do
- Look up at what caught my attention. Does it involved me or my family? No? Continue grazing.
- Am I hungry? Find food.
- Look up at what caught my attention. Am I scared? Find a location where I am safe, slowly to not attract attention, or quickly because I sense it’s right there.
- Am I tired, pregnant, cold? Curl up in my secret place and take care of myself.
- Is something attracting me? Go to it.
- Is something repulsing me? Stay away from it.
You get the picture.
What is your favorite animal, an animal you identify with?
What are the qualities of this animal you admire?